Brussels Airlines and its entire population are passionate about Africa and this continent holds a special place in our hearts. That’s why we want to give something back to the local communities. Through our b.foundation for Africa, the company’s Social Responsibility Programme created in 2010, we give a helping hand to a number of NGOs and humanitarian projects that have the same passion for Africa as we do.
But we also have a dream!
A dream of bringing people together in a biking trip on this fascinating continent, having fun together and doing something good for the children of Africa! Every two years, b.foundation for Africa generates its masterpiece “Bike for Africa”, a mountainbike trip for Brussels Airlines employees and corporate partners, raising funds for the good cause.
Bike for Africa is:
- Biking across the breathtaking African countryside
- Living a “once in a lifetime” team experience
- Challenging yourself and exploring your physical limits
- Helping those who are less fortunate
Bike for Africa promomovie
- 1 FEB : flight BRU-ACC on Brussels Airlines. Overnight stay in Accra
- 2 FEB : transfer to Akosombo and short warm-up ride.
- 3 FEB : Rather long stage with starting point on the other side of the Akosombo river going north to Ho. First part is a beautiful single track, followed by a longer track before arriving in the hilly city of Ho. Overnight stay Ho.
- 4 FEB : Hilly stage from Ho to Amedzofe. Optional short Mont Ventoux climb at the end of the stage (600hm on 8km). Overnight stay in the beautiful Mountain Paradise with a view on Mont Gemi
- 5 FEB : Downhill road up to Wli falls, constantly cycling close to the Togo border. Evening joint apero with the hikers at the bottom of the Wli falls.
- 6 FEB : After some single tracks around the falls we cycle back to the hills around Amedzofe. Possibility to do the Mont Ventoux track in the opposite direction (offroad uphill and a nice long downhill on tarmac).
- 7 FEB : Choice 86, 100 or 114km (including a magnificent single-track at the end for the longest stage). Memorable last stage. Arriving back in Akosombo for a joint boat ride at sunset. Party!
- 8 FEB : Relax at pool, swim, golf,.. Visit to Kinder Paradise in cooperation with helpalliance. Transfer to airport. Return flight to Brussels at 21.35.